Remember to raise your hand if you have any questions!
1) I will put you into groups of three.
2) To begin researching caterpillars like a scientist, read about stage 1 of a caterpillar's life cycle. Click on the egg!
3) Click the caterpillar to read about stage 2 of a caterpillar's life cycle!
4) Click the chrysalis to read about stage 3 of a caterpillar's life cycle!
5) Click on the butterfly to read about stage 4 of a caterpillar's life cycle!
6) Click the caterpillar to see all of stages of its life cycle at once!
7) Click the butterfly to play the game where you put the stages of the caterpillar's life cycle in the right order! Give each of your group members a chance to play!
8) Click on the glue bottle to print out a worksheet for each member in your group. Color and glue the stages of a caterpillar's life cycle on the correct wing of the butterfly. Don't forget to write your name on your paper! Put your butterfly in the finished work bin when you are done!
9) Click play to watch the movie, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". It is just like the story we read in class!
10) Click on the Very Hungry Caterpillar and his foods to print out the food that he eats in the story! Remember to print one for each of your group members!
11) Color the pictures.
12) When you're done coloring, see me for a strip of construction paper. Write your name on the back of it!
13) Cut out the pictures of the food and glue them in the right order on the construction paper so that the Very Hungry Caterpillar will know just what to do to turn into a beautiful butterfly!
14) Put your construction paper strips in the finished work bin when you are done so that we can give them to the Very Hungry Caterpillar!